- Remarkable Journeys
- Signature Journeys
- British Isles
- Central and South America
- Remarkable Journeys for Women
- Warm Weather Getaways
- Signature Journeys
- The Golf Group
- Summit Group
Southern Spain: Andalusia and the Costa del Sol
A 10-day customized itinerary
- Let your senses soak in the sights, sounds and smells of Seville. Historic palaces, artistic treasures, orange trees, mantillas, lovesick toreros, flower-filled patios, and castanet-rattling gypsies all come alive in Seville, one of the most beautiful cities in all of Spain.
- Witness the confluence of the ancient and the merely old at the Mezquita—a massive mosque that is the sybol of Cordoba’s pinnacle as the capital of Muslim Spain, now home of the Christian church built entirely within its walls.
- Soak up the sun of the Costa del Sol alongside the celebrities, sheikhs, royalty, and bullfighters in this playground to the rich and famous. Of course, there is also the quaint atmosphere of and character of what it has always been, a pleasant Andalusian town at the foot of the Sierra Blanca mountains.
- Transport yourself through time to a historic city of grandeur that retains its Moorish palaces and Christian Renaissance treasures. Marvel at the Alhambra, one of the most brilliant jewels of universal architecture. Walk the streets of the old Albacin quarter on your way to watch traditional Flamenco dancing.
- Day 1—Seville
- Arrival in Seville, then settle into your hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure exploring your surroundings.
- Day 2—Seville
- Begin this morning with a half-day tour of Seville visiting the Torre del Oro, The Cathedral and Giralda among other landmarks. After your tour, continue exploring Seville at your leisure.
- Day 3—Cordoba
- Enjoy a day tour of Cordoba, approximately an hour away by train, and visit the great Mosque of Cordoba—The Mezquita, among other treasures before returning to Seville.
- Day 4 —Marbella
- Take the scenic drive south to the resort city of Marbella on the famous Costa del Sol where you will spend the next two days exploring and soaking up the sun.
- Day 5 & Day 6—Marbella/Costa del Sol
Enjoy two open days to explore the Costa del Sol in and around Marbella. Some of the more exceptional destinations worthy of a visit include:
- Mijas: The most famous of the “White Towns” of Andalusia.
- Malaga: The capital of the region is also the largest city on the coast, and the birthplace of Picasso.
- Day 7—Granada
- Continue along the coast, then north to the uniquely preserved city of Granada—the last Moorish capital on the Iberian peninsula at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains.
- Day 8—Granada
- Discover a truly breathtaking wonder of the world with a private tour of the Alhambra and the adjacent Generalife. See the intricate details of the Muslim palace, next to the Renaissance structure of King Charles V of Spain.
- Day 9—Granada
- Today is an open day to continue your exploration of Granada, perhaps wandering the Albaicín, the well-preserved old town, brimming with steep, narrow streets, beautiful nooks and crannies, and marvelous landscapes.
- Departure Day
- Return flight to the USA