Florence, Cinque Terre, and Lake Como
A 10-day customized itinerary
- The birthplace of the Renaissance and a renown city of art and architecture which is preserved in time and still evokes images of Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci.
- Cinque Terre
- Named for the five fishing villages along a stretch of the rugged coast on the Italian Riviera, you can hike, swim, drink red wine, and watch blazing Mediterranean sunsets.
- Lake Como
- Surrounded by majestic snow-capped mountains, the deep glacial lakes provide an oasis of calm and serenity. Hillsides are covered with olive groves, lemon trees and colorful wildflowers.
- Day 1—Florence
- Arrive in Florence, and you are introduced to the city with a private walking tour of Florence. Enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure.
- Day 2—Florence
- Today you will see that art that has defined this city with a private tour of the Ufizzi Gallery, home to the finest Renaissance art collection in the world. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, an ideal time to shop for some of the city’s current treasures of jewelry, leather goods, or fashion.
- Day 3—Florence
- This morning, embark of a full-day private tour of the Chianti region. Soak in the Tuscan countryside over a glass of the local wine and a lunch of traditional Tuscan specialties.
- Day 4—Cinque Terre
- Enjoy a scenic train ride today from Florence, north to the village of Deiva Marina near the Cinque Terre, where you will spend the next three days. Spend the remainder of the day exploring this beautiful town.
- Day 5—Cinque Terre
- Get an early start on your hiking excursion (or train if you choose) to the five fishing villages, beginning with down, over and out to bring you to the first four villages: Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, and Vernazza and finally the tiny village of Monterosso al Mare.
- Day 6—Cinque Terre
- Today venture north to Santa Margherita Ligure, an charming seaside resort with lovely shops, fine restaurants, and exceptional views. Nearby is the picture-perfect resort of Portofino, one of the highlights of the Italian Riviera with azure waters set against forested hills and blue sky.
- Day 7—Lake Como
- Today you will enjoy another scenic train ride north to the Italian Lake District, and Lake Como. Settle into your lakeside villa and familiarize yourself with your surroundings.
- Day 8—Lake Como
- Visit Bellagio today, considered one of the most beautiful towns in Italy, nestled amid cypress groves and verdant gardens, its earth-toned old buildings climb from the lakefront promenade along stepped cobbled lanes.
- Day 9—Lake Como
- Enjoy an open day today, perhaps taking a boat cruise on the lake, or driving to one of the nearby towns such as Lugano or Lecco.
- Day 10—Depart
- With your Italian holiday over, enjoy a private transfer to the Venice Airport for your return flight to the USA.