- Remarkable Journeys
- Signature Journeys
- British Isles
- Central and South America
- Remarkable Journeys for Women
- Warm Weather Getaways
- Signature Journeys
- The Golf Group
- Summit Group
Rome, Florence, Tuscany, and Venice
A 10-day customized itinerary
- Begin your journey in the eternal city of Rome, and experience the history of this capitol of western civilization and of Christianity.
- Your next stop is Florence, a renown city of art and architecture which is preserved in time much as it was during the Renaissance.
- The image, as well as the reality of Tuscany is that of romantic hilltop villages, ancient walled cities, and a scenic countryside of vineyards, olive groves, and fields of sunflowers.
- This city on the sea is as much about the imagination as it is about granduer and beauty, and it has plenty to offer in both areas.
- Day 1—Rome
- Private tour of ancient Rome. Discover the ruins of the Roman Forum, the imposing Colosseum, and the ancient Appian way.
- Day 2—Rome
- Today, experience one of the greatest concentration of masterpieces in the world with a private tour of the Vatican Museums, includomg the Sistine Chapel, and the Basilica of St. Peter’s.
- Day 3—Rome
- Continue to discover Rome at your leisure; there is much to choose from with the many piazzas, churches, or museums. Perhaps do some shopping, or take a day trip out to the catacombs—the choice is yours.
- Day 4—Florence
- Enjoy a scenic train ride to Florence today and be transported to the birthplace of the Renaissance.
- Day 5—Florence
- This morning, enjoy a private walking tour of Florence—the only way to see this compact and historic city—followed perhaps by a visit to the Uffizi Gallery or Bargello museum after your tour.
- Day 6—Tuscany
- Take a leisurely drive in the countryside, perhaps visiting the medieval city of Sienna or San Gimignano in the afternoon. This evening you will be treated to a private cooking lesson, learning the intricacies of Tuscan cooking first hand.
- Day 7—Tuscany
- This morning, embark on a full-day private tour of the Chianti region. Soak in the countryside over a glass of the local wine and a lunch of traditional Tuscan specialties.
- Day 8—Venice
- Take another scenic train to Venice todaym then spend the remainder of the day exploring this romantic city. Cross the famed Rialto bridge, and explore St. Mark’s square.
- Day 9—Venice
- This morning enjoy a private tour of Venice and discover the many stories that bring the city alive. Later, perhaps take a short boat ride to the islands of Murano or Lido.
- Day 10—Depart
- With your Italian holiday over, enjoy a private transfer to the Venice Airport for your return flight to the USA.