The History and Beauty of Greece
A 14-day customized itinerary
- What better place to see and experience the “Glory of Greece” than Athens. Consider strolling down the 3 kilometer pedestrian zone to gaze at the archaeological wonders, stopping for coffee at a café in the Plaka, or spending hours enjoying the artifacts and gems found in Athens’ world class museums.
- Nauplion is far and away the most charming town in the Peloponnese. In addition to its historical significance it is also a stroller’s delight. One of the great pleasures here is to wander along the harbor, through the parks and up and down the stepped side streets, discovering unexpected Turkish fountains and small churches.
- Delphi has everything: a long and glorious history, spectacular ancient remains, a superb museum, and a beautiful location on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. When you visit, you’ll understand why the ancient Greeks believed that Delphi was the center of the world, the spot Apollo chose as the home of his most famous oracle.
- Crete offers a wide diversity of activities from seeing the glories of the Minoan culture of Crete to exploring endless beaches and magnificent mountains. Days are easily filled seeing the charming villages, taking gorgeous drives along the coast and stopping at the archaeological sites to take in the cultural history and beauty of the island.
- Santorini meets and exceeds all glossy picture-postcard expectations. The white washed houses, stunning cliff side views, and sparkling Mediterranean Sea is the perfect spot to end your Greek vacation.
- Day 1—Athens
- Welcome to Greece. Today, enjoy a private tour of Athens including the marbled temples of the Acropolis, the National Archaeological Museum, the Parthenon and a walking tour of the old town of Athens. Dine in this historic area at one of our favorite restaurants.
- Day 2—Athens/ Naupolin
- Today, your travels will take you to the charming port town of Nauplion, the first capital of modern Greece. En route, stop to visit the Corinth Canal, ancient Corinth and Epidauros, the sanctuary of Asklepios, the god of medicine, known for its ancient theater which is still in use.
- Day 3—Naupolin
- Enjoy a half-day private tour of Nauplion, including the site of Mycenae and the Nauplion Museum. In the afternoon, partake in a winery tour and tasting just for you.
- Day 4—Delphi
- Today, enjoy a leisurely drive to Delphi. Take the ferry across the “little Dardanelles” to Antirion and on to Delphi. En route, stop to visit the charming port of Naupaktos and enjoy a lovely lunch at the charming seaside village of Galaxidi. En route stop along the way to visit some of the charming villages.
- Day 5—Delphi/ Crete
- In the morning, enjoy a private sightseeing tour of Delphi to discover the Sanctuary of Apollo Pythios, the Castalian Spring, the treasuries, and the Temple of Athena Pronoia. In the late afternoon, off to Crete for time on the beach.
- Day 6—Crete
- Today is yours to enjoy the spectacular Elounda Beach and the island of Crete. Nothing more is on your agenda but a glorious day of relaxation.
- Day 7—Crete
- After a leisurely morning, take a half-day private tour of Iraklion including visiting Knossos, site of King Minos and the labyrinth. The afternoon is yours to explore the island of Creteor head back to Elounda Beach.
- Day 8—Crete
- Day at leisure to enjoy the beach and explore Crete
- Day 9—Santorini
- Today, catch your ferry for your trip to Santorini. Private transfer from the Santorini port to your hotel. During your stay on Santorini, pay particular attention to the geography of this island; it houses the largest caldera on Earth.
- Day 10—Santorini
- The morning is yours to enjoy the island of Santorini. In the afternoon, a private half-day sailing adventure with dinner will complete your day.
- Day 11—Santorini
- Free day to explore Santorini. Today you might want to relax at one of the volcanic black sand beaches of Perissa, Kamari, or Perivolos. You may also wish to take a boat to the red beach. Return to your hotel in time to watch the sun set in the Aegean—magnificent!
- Day 12—Santorini
- Free day to finish your relaxing exploration of Santorini. A private driver will pick you up for your flight to Athens.
- Day 13—Athens
- Depart for home. Your Greek adventure has come to an end! Safe travel.